1. What is your average price range?
The average price per person is $40.00 per person
2. Do you facilitate tastings?
We do facilitate tastings by appointment only. A tasting is $25 per person to taste 5 different choices from our menu. If you book with us, your tasting fee will be credited right to your catering bill! . Please ask for more details.
3. Where is the food prepared/cooked?
Food is prepared in Black Pelican Seafood Restaurant and cooked on location in our state of the art fully loaded catering trucks. They have stoves, ovens, grills, etc.
4. Do you provide bartending services?
We do provide bartending services as well full coverage under our ABC License.
5. Are you licensed and insured?
We are a fully licensed and insured catering company.
6. How much deposit do you require?
We require a 20% deposit to hold your catering date.
7. How many servers do you use per amount of guests?
We typically provide one server for every 20-30 guests unless more service is required. This dose vary based off style of event.
8. Do you specialize in any type of food or menus?
We specialize in seafood dishes with a Southern and Outer Banks flare.
9. Can you provide special children’s menus?
Children’s menus can be added and menus can be anything from chicken tenders to petit steaks.
10. What happens to leftover food?
All leftover cooked food is boxed and left for client.
11. What is included in the price per person?
Black Pelican Catering will include;
- Set up and break down of buffet and/or stations
- Buffet Tables, Linens, Chafing Dishes, Sternos & Serving utensils
- Removal of all dinner ware (washing and re-racking for rental company)
- Set up of water glasses and silverware placement on tables
- Cake cutting and passing
- Champagne pouring and serving
- Trash removal at the end of the night
- Guest Maintenance (assisting all guests with any needs that arise, refreshing drinks etc.)
12. Do you offer food for certain dietary restrictions — vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, kosher, etc.?
Black Pelican Catering can customize any menu for any event. Dietary needs must be mentioned during menu creation.
13. What does the wait staff wear?
Wait staff is dressed with black bottoms and a black button up collared shirt.